2019 Fur Fun Run
White Rock Alehouse & Brewery
7331 Gaston Ave #100
Dallas, TX 75214
Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 8am
Get your tail wagging to the Fur Fun Run! The Memorial Day weekend celebration includes a 5K run/walk, 1-mile pet stroll, and a VIP option. There is even a paw-ty pass for those who just want to come hang out with fellow dog lovers. Unleashed Paws' Fur Fun Run includes:
- Finisher medals for both humans and dogs
- Fur-tastic commemorative tee
- MedVet water bowl for the pup
- All Ameri-Dog post run paw-ty with music, food, and craft beer (two beers included with registration)
The paw-triotic run and walk is a fantastic event for the entire family and a terrific way to salute your pup. Following the run/walk, let your tail wag with an All Ameri-Dog Paw-ty, complete with music, craft brews, soda/water, pup pools, and more.
Enjoy the VIP Paw-ty Patio!
Paw-ty in style at the VIP Paw-ty, which includes access to a shady, private patio area with misters and table seating that includes special brews that are not offered in the general event area. The VIP paw-ty package also includes Fur Fun Run commemorative growler, treats for pups and a full hot breakfast and pre-race coffee from White Rock Alehouse for humans. Includes a timed 5K or 1-mile untimed option with finisher medal, event shirt, treats and brews (or soda/water).
To keep your dogs safe, healthy and happy during your run and throughout the summer, check out our 'running with your dog' tips HERE, including a handy heat stroke graphic that's courtesy of MedVet.
Have a howling good time!
PRE-RACE PACKET PICK UP
Wednesday, May 22 from 3pm-7pm at Academy Sports + Outdoors: 3305 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093
Thursday, May 23 from 1pm-6pm at Academy Sports + Outdoors: 6375 E Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75231
Friday, May 24 from 3pm-6pm at White Rock Alehouse & Brewery: 7331 Gaston Ave #100, Dallas, TX US 75214
Parking is FREE! There is plenty of parking in the shopping center adjacent to the location.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
6:30 AM: Race day packet pick up
8:00 AM: 5K start
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM: All Ameri-dog paw-ty
9:00 AM: 1-mile start
9:30 AM: 5K awards
11:00 AM: Paw-ty time is over
The course will be accurately measured for distance. This shady, flat course on the Santa Fe Trail will be enjoyed by both runners and pups. Please note that the course is open to other recreational users. Please follow the rules of courtesy, announcing if you are passing (pass on the left and announce you are passing). Do not run/walk with 2 or more abreast, stay single file at all times and do not stop suddenly on the trail – pull off to the side and be aware of your surroundings and who is behind you.
Awards will be presented and results tabulated based on chip time. Award Categories – Overall Male and Overall Female, First Place Masters Male and First Place Masters Female and the top three finishers, male and female in the following age groups: 12 and under, 13-15, 16-20, 21-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+.
We are looking for volunteers to fill positions on race day. If interested, please email email@example.com.
We hope that Fur Fun Run is an event you will want to come back to year after year. To help make your experience go as smoothly as possible, please read and become familiar with the rules and regulations. All rules have been established in order to protect the safety of our participants and keep us in good standing with the City and the running community at large. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping everyone to enjoy race day.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- The event is rain or shine. In case of lightning or other ‘severe’ weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears or rescheduled for an alternate date in the future. There are no standing ‘rain dates’. Please follow our social media pages for the most up-to-date weather information.
- Event cancellation is rare. However, it is possible that, while we desire not to cancel the event, our facility, and/or municipalities may force the cancellation of the event. In such situations, there will be no refunds of entry fees and we will make every effort for an alternate date if possible.
- Registration is cashless and paperless. You can register any time before the start of the event online. Even on race day, online registration is available. We do not have any ‘paper’ forms as all registration is done online. The event has limited spots and can sell out, so plan ahead!
- No-shows will not be mailed their race shirts or medals.
- Headphones: We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
- Jogging strollers: Baby joggers and strollers are allowed, but must assemble at the back of the pack at the start of the race.
- No wheeled vehicles allowed on the course at any time (besides jogging strollers). Scooters, skateboards, roller/in-line skates or anything with wheels are not allowed.
- It is the responsibility of each participant to know the course. Please see the course map to learn the course before race day.
- 5K chip timing: Only participants wearing the provided timing chip/tag on their bib will be timed and included in the final race results for the 5K scored events.
- Only registered participants may be on the course during the event. Spectators are asked to remain in the event area.
- Please do not cut across the course/trail. There will be a timing mat at the U-turn of the 5K. Anyone who does not cross that mat will be disqualified from age group awards.
- Walker etiquette: runners will approach walkers quickly. Please be courteous, move over to the sides of the trail when runners approach and let them have the right of way and quickest way past.
- Be sure your dog is on a short leash at all times and in your control. It is your responsibility to clean up after your pet both in the event area and on the course.
The Unleashed Paws Fur Fun Run is open to humans running with or without dogs. To keep everyone, pups included safe, special rules apply for those running or walking with a dog. We strongly suggest that both the owner and dog train for the event in advance, especially if they don’t regularly already run or walk.
Runners and walkers should start conditioning prior to the event. Inspect your dog’s pads for any sign of injury such as cuts and wear. Be careful in hot or humid weather, carry water, keep runs/walks short, watch your dog for signs of stress. We recommend using trails or other locations where people run/walk with their dogs to acclimate your dog to running in a pack with distractions and other dogs.
Limit one (1) dog per person. Dogs must be at least six-months-old.
No dragging of dogs.
Dogs in any stage of heat are prohibited. Unaltered dogs are also prohibited.
Leashes Required: All dogs must be on a leash at all times. All dogs should absolutely be kept on a tight and short leash (maximum six feet) both in the event area and on the running path. Retractable leashes are not allowed at the event due to the risk it can cause to other participants and runners.
Vaccines: All dogs must be up-to-date on their vaccines. Current rabies tag on dog collar is sufficient.
Aggressiveness: Aggressive dogs can be a concern for pet lovers and participants who are enjoying a fun, pet-friendly event. It is important for the safety of all participants that every dog is well-behaved can handle crowds, and are people and dog-friendly. All dog owners participating in the race should know their dog well enough to tell if they are starting to get irritable and, if they become irritable, we ask that you remove the dog from the event immediately. Any such dogs, if aggressive or irritable, will be removed from the race or the event area to ensure the safety of the other dogs and runners.
Doggie First Aid: MedVet will be onsite both at the start/finish line and on the course providing aid and assistance. In addition, there will be water stations and cooling pools at the start-finish line, and at each mile on the course. Be sure to bring extra water for your dog and ensure that they are able to participate in the 5K or 1-mile without becoming physically stressed.
“Droppings” & Cleaning Up: We understand that nature calls. We ask that every dog owner be prepared to pick up after your dog both on the course and in the event area. The event directors, race director, and race veterinarian reserve the right to refuse entry or remove a dog from the course if it might prove hazardous to others or whose physical condition appears to be in jeopardy before or during the event. The race director reserves the right to change the 5K run to a walk for “pup registration” entrants if the temperature is excessively warm.